The NCR President urged international human rights organizations and bodies to condemn these heinous murders and called for the dispatch to Iran of an international fact-finding team to investigate these murders.
He said it is imperative that the United Nations Security Council address these murders, particularly after the clerical regime has been condemned in 43 resolutions by different UN organs.
The clerical regime's Ministry of Guidance issued a statement yesterday, attributing the "recent murders" to "the counter revolutionaries and those misled" who want to "undermine the state and deliver blows to the government."
Mr. Rajavi said the Guidance Ministry's statement, which follows similar remarks by Khatami on December 7 and the Deputy Interior Minister on December 6, is a blatant attempt by the regime's officials to conceal the true identity of the perpetrators of these crimes. Blaming these murders on elements beyond Iranian borders pursues no other aim but to help the religious, terrorist dictatorship ruling Iran evade the domestic and international repercussions of these atrocities, NCR President added.
Reports say that a number of the victims had been summoned by the Revolutionary Prosecutor's Office. Nine other writers have also been summoned in recent weeks by the Islamic Revolutionary Prosecutor's Office. They say the ruling apparatus will not suffice with these murders. This is a sword that has been unsheathed and hangs over everyone's head. The Prosecutor's Office has threatened the writers by reminding them of the cases of Ahmad Mir Ala'ie (who was killed by a blow to the head by a crowbar) and Ibrahim Zalzadeh (who was stabbed in the heart).
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran
December 13, 1998