1. As far as the provisional Government of the Democratic Islamic Republic of Iran is concerned, the task of the "transfer of sovereignty" will be considered terminated upon the formation of the "National Legislative and Constituent Assembly" and the Asse mbly's declaration of readiness to undertake its tasks and responsibilities.
2. The "National Legislative and Constituent Assembly" will be formed, in the latest, by no more than six months after the fall of the Khomeini regime and the establishment of the Provisional Government. The formation of "the National Legislative and Con stituent Assembly" will be achieved through a ballot which will be direct and secret.
3. Immediately after the declaration of readiness by the Assembly, the Prime Minister of the Provisional Government of the Democratic Islamic Republic of Iran will submit his resignation to the Assembly.
4. The full title of the "Constituent Assembly" (in the Program of the Provisional Government) will henceforth be the "National Legislative and Constituent Assembly". Its tasks will be as follows:
i) Compiling the Constitution and determining the new Republican system.
ii) Approving the legislation for the running of the country's current affairs until the formation of the first National Legislative Assembly in accordance with the country's new Constitution.
iii) Appointing a government that will undertake the administration of the country's affairs following the resignation of the Provisional Government of the Democratic Islamic Republic of Iran.
iv) Supervision of the administration of the country's affairs.
5. Membership period of the National Legislative and Constituent Assembly, will not take, in the maximum, more than two years. The new Constitution should hence be drawn up and ratified in such a way that the final establishment of the basic institutions of the new system will have been completed by the end of this period.